What is MBBS?
MBBS is an undergraduate course for aspirants who want to become doctors. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), is a professional degree in medical science.
The duration of MBBS course is about five years and six months including one year of internship in a hospital. MBBS degree holders can choose a specialisation further like Cardiology, General Surgery, Gynecology and more.
Top Medical Colleges in India
- AIIMS – All India Institue of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Christian Medical College
- St John’s Medical College
- Maulanza Azad Medical College – MAMC
Skills to Become a Doctor
- Problem Solving
- Strong Communication
- Decision Making
MBBS Entrance Exams
For admission to MBBS course in India, a student needs to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). This is the only entrance test for admission to MBBS course and is accepted by all major colleges in India.